June 7, 2016 – Your company prides itself on its stellar customer service. Whether its on-boarding new customers or addressing an issue a current customer may be having, your employees understand the importance of making—and keeping—customers satisfied.
But the tools you use to interact with your customers are just as important as how you treat your customers. If they frequently experience dropped calls, clueless customer service reps or trouble connecting with your company, it won’t be long before those customers look to your competitors to conduct their business.
That’s why your communications system is a critical component of your customer service strategy. Through a robust, full-featured communications system, your employees can provide the best possible customer interactions and enable your customers to communicate easily with your company anytime for any reason.
Utilizing the benefits of the cloud for your communications can advance your customer service even further, enabling your employees to offer a high-quality customer experience from any location using virtually any device.
Here are three ways cloud communications can help improve customer relationships:
- High Availability: Customers expect to be able to contact your company quickly and easily. Dropped dial tones and fuzzy connections don’t convey a professional image for your company. A cloud communications service can provide a reliable, high-quality communications experience, helping your company and your customers connect with little to no downtime should the unexpected occur.
- Because cloud-based communications is a hosted service, it is located offsite in data centers with redundant technology. That means even in the event of a disaster, your company communications is still up and running—your employees can work from anywhere and communicate with customers using the full suite of capabilities available to them, and customers can reach your company to hear important messages or speak with an agent.
- On-Demand Customer Data: When integrated with a customer relationship management or business intelligence system, your communications system can provide employees with a comprehensive view of customer information during a call. The information is brought up automatically when a customer calls in, reducing the chance customers have to wait on hold, which can lessen the customer experience. Instead, employees can provide the highest quality care with no delay and no gaps in customer service.
- Contact center technologies such as workgroups, hunt groups and flexible call routing can help enhance the customer experience, reducing hold times and ensuring calls are answered in a timely fashion.
- Ability to Connect Anytime: Employees today like work where they want, when they want. That shouldn’t impact the way they do their jobs. With a cloud communications system, your employees can work in a coffee shop, a hotel room, the airport — wherever they are — and have access to the same features they would if they were sitting at their desk in the office. They are not hamstrung by basic functionality or limited customer data.
Cloud communications is changing the way businesses today interact with their customers, optimizing the customer experience to mutual benefit. Is your company ready to explore the benefits cloud communications can offer?