May 10, 2016 – Most employees today eschew the traditional 9-to-5 workday in favor of work-life balance and the ability to work when they want (and often where they want). The result often is an increase in productivity and a more satisfied workforce—a win-win for companies and their employees alike.
Is your PBX system supporting your employees or hindering them? Are employees able to have the full functionality of their desktop phone wherever they are? Are they able to access customer information through the PBX to streamline customer interaction? Are they able to collaborate with colleagues on the fly by simply pressing a button?
Chances are, your current system offers basic calling functionality and not much else. Plus, you’re probably using a separate collaboration platform, which means employees must maneuver two systems to do their job effectively. The result is a slow, kludgy system that does anything but enhance productivity.
To truly be productive in and out of the office, your employees need more. They need a complete communications and collaboration system on one platform to help them work smarter, faster. They need:
- The ability to have all of their desktop phone calling features on any device—PC, tablet, smartphone.
- Collaboration capabilities—including audio and video conferencing, instant messaging and online meetings—no matter where they are.
- Integrated customer information at the touch of a finger, to enable richer customer contact experiences.
Most legacy PBX systems lack mobility, flexibility and collaborative capabilities, keeping employees tethered to their desk or forcing them to use their mobile phones to conduct business while away from the office. Either way, they don’t have the power of an integrated communications and collaborations platform.
A cloud-based communications system may be the answer for your company, providing a robust, full-featured, integrated communications and collaboration platform that’s accessible anywhere at any time. Not only do your employees get all the tools they need to do their jobs effectively and efficiently, your business benefits from a system that’s scalable and flexible, and at a price that’s much less than the cost of upgrading your current PBX (which most likely doesn’t include collaboration capabilities).
Other benefits of a cloud-based communications system include:
- The ability to get back online quickly should the unexpected happen, such as a natural disaster, fire or weather-related event.
- Low or no hassle for the IT department, since a cloud communications system is a hosted system managed offsite.
In today’s business environment, your workforce must be productive no matter where they are. Take a look at the benefits of a cloud-based communications system and what it can do for your company.